Thursday, September 11, 2008

the meaning of family


this past week has been really tough for my husband's family. they lost someone near and dear who will never, ever be forgotten, to say the least. in the mix of everything that has happened, one theme has remained certain - family is more important than anything else in life. that is the reason why photography is so important to me. it is a way of recording those memories with the people who mean more to you than anything else, because you just never know...


but really, what, or rather who, defines family? it is not just limited to those biologically related to you, but anyone you love and accept into your family circle. for some, another persons family is the only family they know.


on another note, music can be therapeutic at a time like this. there is so much meaning and one can interpret it any way they wish...


When I find myself in times of trouble, mother Mary comes to me,

speaking words of wisdom, let it be.

And in my hour of darkness she is standing right in front of me,

speaking words of wisdom, let it be.


Let it be, let it be, let it be, let it be.

Whisper words of wisdom, let it be.


And when the broken hearted people living in the world agree,

there will be an answer, let it be.

For though they may be parted there is still a chance that they will see,

there will be an answer. let it be.


Let it be, let it be, .....


And when the night is cloudy, there is still a light, that shines on me,

shine until tomorrow, let it be.

I wake up to the sound of music, mother Mary comes to me,

speaking words of wisdom, let it be.


Let it be, let it be, .....



here is a picture of my husband and his cousins on the ferreira side. they are some of the strongest people i know, especially two special children in this photo...kailey and josh

and this is not even all of them...

rip matthew richardson

10/30/68-9/3/08

No comments: