Monday, March 10, 2008

inspiration board

(my inspiration board)


sometimes i find myself struggling to get motivated with things in my life. of course, i'm sure many people feel that way about exercising, myself included! when you find something you love doing, you don't really need any motivation for it, assuming you enjoy spending time doing that activity. but sometimes, you just need that little push in the toosh to get going on things.



this is where my "inspiration board" comes in handy. i absolutely love love love making beautiful things out of beautiful paper, but sometimes with work and school going on at the same time, i get a little burnt out. i really try my best to keep my work area neat and clean (which is a feat in itself) so it is always appealing, but even then, i don't always feel like making cards.



a couple weeks ago, while shopping at target (for paper - shocker!) i came up with the idea of getting a small bulletin board for my desk area. at first i didn't know exactly what i was going to hang on it, but i knew that i would find something to put on it. on the way home i was talking with my husband about what inspires me when it comes to being creative. that's when i had an "aha!" moment. i love having those "aha!" moments. i came up with the idea of cutting out pictures of things that inspire me as i see them in magazines, catalogs, even the internet. there are lots of things that inspire me, so its not a problem finding things. it could be a color, a flower, pattern, word, etc.



i keep the board on the wall where my desk is, and i love looking at it every time i walk by. it helps me get motivated, and it jump starts my inner creative wheels. there was just one problem...i forgot to buy pushpins. but that's okay, because my creative wheels were turning and i found another use for sewing needles!




get inspired...


jennifer lynn :)

No comments: