Friday, March 7, 2008

the start of something new...

welcome to j. lynn design.

i would like to introduce you all to my greeting card/announcement/invitation company. this has been in the works for a while now - about 7 months i would say.

i have always loved pretty papers and what you can make with them - it's in my blood, really. laugh if you want, but it's true.

i never attempted to make anything until i was faced with the undeniably daunting task of deciding which gaudy wedding invitations to waste my money on. i knew exactly what i wanted, but couldn't find it anywhere. well...unless i wanted to pay over $500 for 100 invitations. i decided to try a few samples and absolutely loved how they came out. i then bought all my paper, supplies, and found time in my life to make countless numbers of save-the-dates, invitations, reply cards, table name cards, and ceremony programs. and i loved every second of it! it was so rewarding to see how other people loved my creations. i figured there must be a way to do this as a side job, but with working full time and going to grad school, where would i find the time? later in life, after graduation, when i get a house, after i have kids. geez, why not wait until i retire?!

i decided that life is too short to not do what you love. that is where my idea of j. lynn design became a reality. i made different types of cards to see how people reacted to them, and to my surprise (or not) people loved them! i already have several orders and i don't even have a website yet! here's to the start of something new...

No comments: